Lake County Farmers Markets
Fresh and local produce are just the beginning...
In Lake County and in the Land of Lincoln, farmers markets are an essential business. That said, as we endure the public health crisis, there are several state guidlines customers must follow hile attending farmers markets.
- Maintain six-feet distance between yourself, vendors, employees and other customers.
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Farmers markets are not a family event.
- Limit attendance to one member of the household.
- Pre-order products where possible to speed up the transaction process.
- Use credit or debit cards; vendors will not have change for cash purchases.
- Do not pick up products or produce at the stands.
- If you sneeze or cough, do so only into a tissue (and immediately dispose of it) or into the crease of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Thoroughly wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds, according to the CDC guidelines.
- If hand washing is not avbailable, use a CDC approved hand sanitizer, either 60 percent ethanol or 70 percent isopropanol.
- At home, wash all products thoroughly before using.
- Be patient and kind - we're all in this together.
Click here to learn more about all of the COVID-19 guidelines.
Lake County’s Farmers Markets are more than just places to find the freshest, locally grown, and deliciously ripe fruits and vegetables of the season. They’re also a place where neighbors, friends and family shop for unique handmade goods, and explore the never-ending variety of interesting items from welcoming vendors. Walk through the streets of this historic downtown area and find a treasure waiting around every corner. Find handmade sweet treats, one of a kind goods like soaps and cheeses, as well as food fresh from the farm.
Return to Lake County Outdoor Guide